You should apply from outside the UK if you are not from EEA and Switzerland. You can only switch to this visa if you’re already in the UK.
Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa
You can apply for a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) visa if you’ve been endorsed in your field in science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts as:
- a recognised leader (exceptional talent)
- an emerging leader (exceptional promise)
- You must be from outside the EEA and Switzerland
There’s a 2-stage application process to get this visa:
- You first need to apply to the Home Office for endorsement as a leader or an emerging leader in your particular field
- Then, once you have been endorsed, you can apply for the visa
There are limited places available under this visa category, with 500 places released on both 6th April and 1st October each year, which may be different at the time you apply
Your application for endorsement is considered by:
- Arts Council England
- British Academy
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- Royal Society
- Tech City UK (Tech Nation)
- Read the eligibility and assessment criteria
How long you can stay?
You can stay in the UK for up to:
- 5 years and 4 months if you apply outside the UK
- 5 years if you apply inside the UK
- You can choose how long you want to apply for, up to the maximum time allowed
- You can apply to extend this visa for another 5 years
- You can apply for settlement once you’ve been in the UK for 5 years
- Your dependent family members may apply to join you if they are outside the UK and also can remain with you if they are in the UK
How can we help you?
Joyya Law Associates can provide you with advice on the documents you and your family dependents must include in indefinite leave to remain applications, prepare the application form for you and draft representations in support of your application, if needed.
We understand that immigration law is not as straightforward as it is thought to be, so we are here to work with you and hopefully to increase the chances of success of your Visa application.
Joyya Law Associates’ Immigration Solicitors are here to give you friendly, complete and realistic advice on Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Visa applications.